Friday, August 15, 2008

New adventures...

I know I have talked to a few people lately about my new adventure but not many. I figure now is the time to let everyone know what I will be doing for the next couple of months so if you go into Down Memory Lane, you will not see me. As of a couple weeks ago I accepted a Long-term Teaching position in Chippewa Falls and will be teaching Elementary Art. The girl I will be filling in for just had twin girls and plans to be out until November 14th. That is the special day that I will be done teaching and hopefully making my way back to Down Memory Lane. Yesterday was my last day at DML and it was somewhat of a sad day yet a day to look at the future as well. I am glad I am getting this opportunity but I am going to miss the scrapbook store. I love working there and teaching my classes. I am however, going to try to keep teaching classes at DML throughout my teaching in Chippewa. I have already designed most of the cards for the next three months so I am able to just come in and teach the classes without much preparation during that time. I also am looking forward to making my way back to Down Memory Lane when I finish teaching but I am just so glad that I am getting this experience at the elementary level. I will greatly miss the people that I work with at Down Memory Lane and all of the customers. It is hard to leave a place where I know so many people. Some days of work, I would know every customer that walked through the door and others I wouldn't know a single person. It is so fun to see the people that walk through that door to shop. It is a fun place to be and as I mentioned previously...I can't wait to go back. As we all know, time goes by too quickly so before I know it, November will be here and I will be saying goodbye to all of the little kiddies in Chippewa and making my way back to the scrapbook scene. I will have to post a photo of come cards that I plan to do in September as well. Photo to come...

No comments: