Thursday, May 22, 2008

A few cards...it's about time.

So the Open House is done and gone so I have had a little more time on my hands in the past couple days after the T-Ball games and taking care of a 10 month old. She is crawling, getting more teeth, and standing up to almost anything so she is becoming a handful. My husband has been busy lately with trying to get some things done at home for work...boy was I glad that it was him putting little red letter stickers on metal plates and not me!! I guess that is why he is so valuable at work. Anyways...I finally got some time to create some fun things. I have been wanting to use my cuttlebug more to create some cards and I had been waiting to get a new cutting mat because mine was terribly warped. I could hardly even get it through the cuttlebug and did not want to break it. I also finally got the Swiss Dots embossing folder which I used at work yesterday and totally LOVE it! So, I have been going around printing off cards that I like and want to scraplift so here are a couple of them. The problem is that I can't which blog I got them from but here goes.
This one actually was my own creation but I saw something similar with layering two different colors over the top when you emboss so I had to try it.

This card I had seen on a blog and loved it. I am not totally sure that I like the one I created althrough it is almost identical. I tried to find some Close To My Heart stamps that would give the same effect and I think I managed that but the colors are not the same and the colors are what stood out to me. The card was actually red and orange but I think their colors went better together. These colors (CTMH autumn terricotta and cranberry) just don't give the card the same effect. I might have to search the blogs again for this card to see if I can find it to get the exact colors they used.

Well that is all for now. I do have another card to share but I think I will save that for next time.


No comments: